Award-winning nonprofit staffing agency, Careers In Nonprofits, was struggling to engage their nonprofit audience over social. Needing to humanize their services—they were searching for the missing ingredient to bring their services to larger audiences.
That ingredient laid in a coffee cup.
The question was: "how could buzz around a mug, be used to build its brand equity?"
The Hero’s Journey: Every story needs a mentor. This is achieved by positioning one’s brand as a mentor in the audience’s journey.
Strategy: Don't write nonprofit blog posts. Create a Brand Feature Piece (BFP) showcasing your differentiation in the marketplace.
1. BFP's are heavily branded and visually attractive.
2. By mimicking the scrolling behavior of social media feed: a BFP adapts to the 21st century skimmer.
3. Strongs verbs and storytelling drive the BFP and create meaning for the audience.
4. Numbered lists—big, bold headlines—and a contrast of colors help keep eyes stimulated.
5. End with a call-to-action. Tell your reader the action you want them to take.
6. Give 3rd party testimonials.
Goal: Communicate Brand Benefits + Differentiation
David & Goliath Strategy: Identify Biggest Competitor + Show Benefits of Smaller, More Targeted Niche Services
of your day to view my work.
If you believe I can bring more value to
your organization—get in touch:
Hope to chat soon,